The Bronx District Attorney is seeking an experienced attorney (10+ years) with outstanding management skills and expertise in investigating and conducting felony trials, including, but not limited to, serious violent felony offenses and contraband cases. The Deputy in RPB will rotate between the Bronx District Attorney’s main office on 161st Street in Bronx County and the satellite office on Rikers Island. The Deputy Bureau Chief will assist the Chief of RPB with coordinating and supervising the assistant district attorneys (“ADAs”) in RPB who are tasked with prosecuting crimes committed on Rikers Island, which may include the following: contraband smuggling, arson, serious assaults, sex offenses, attempted murder and murder cases.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the Chief of RPB to analyze trends and create strategies for prosecution.
- The Deputy will work closely with the supervisors and ADAs in RPB to implement those legal strategies for the prosecution of cases with our partners in law enforcement to:
(i) Enhance evidence collection
(ii) Conduct witness interviews
(iii) Analyze law enforcement intelligence regarding internal or external criminal activity impacting Rikers Island and the
3. The Deputy will work with the Bureau Chief and supervisors to structure the investigation of complex criminal networks in order to, among
(i) Reduce violent crimes committed on Rikers Island
(ii) Detect and stop the introduction of dangerous contraband into Rikers facilities
(iii) Identify criminal enterprises that operate within jail facilities and promote crime both on Rikers Island and in our
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
4. A Juris Doctorate degree, 10+ years of experience and 8 years of management experience
5. US Citizenship and New York State Residency are required. Salary is commensurate with
6. Excellent people skills and demeanor
7. Maintain confidentiality of information
8. Strong business planning and forecasting skills
9. Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
10. Excellent presentation and organizational skills
11. Ability to exercise good judgment and strong ethics
12. Ability to analytically solve issues or problems from inception through conclusion
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion.
To apply you must visit the BXDA Office website (www.bronxda.nyc.gov) and click on Career Opportunities